Friday, September 7, 2007

Contrasting friday realities

Last Friday was the day when I got the news that my friend was involved in a serious accident.....at first I could not believe this. I mean come on, he was online just a few hours ago, how could he just be involved in an accident!!! But when I could not reach his number I knew that something was seriously wrong. Anyways he is admitted in the ICU in another city and the saddest part I can't even go and see him. The whole week was very depressing and on top of that my birthday was on Wednesday....5th Sept. Somehow I never got around celebrating birthdays, but this time I had decided to celebrate with friends. It was all set and the classic case of Man proposes and God disposes happened!!!

After the accident I was in no mood to celebrate anything and my birthday was the last thing on my mind. The guys at office got a cake, and everyone gathered at the cafeteria to celebrate my birthday. There are somethings that you just cannot escape, so I was there with all of them and we had some snacks there. Thank god......it was over really fast. The week just dragged on and I thought that this is probably the longest week of the year. Btw till now there is no change in my friend's condition, he is still critical and I guess the only thing that I can do is pray to God.....

This Friday was in stark contrast to the last Friday, for some funny reason I had finished work early. My team suddenly had a weird idea and all of us decided to do an impromptu dance session and on top of that capture it on camera. We rehearsed our wild sequence for a good 2 minutes, called out the rest of my team to record it. For a moment it fell like we were back in school having a fun session after lunch hour. It was a hilarious experience.... dancing around like little kids and laughing our hearts out!!!

I guess sometimes it is just ok, to let your hair down and have a blast. Worrying is not the answer to anything and I have seen that when I have too much things on my mind I always end up doing things like this. I strictly believe no matter what happens, life just moves on and probably this was my way of dealing with the situation. Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey, it reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived......


1 comment:

Jini said...

live for the moment. coz when the time has gone by all that will stay is the memory of the good times. n also sometimes it is important to simply let go. Let go and walk on...time will catch up with u sooner or later!